cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adammmm
Advocate I
Advocate I

Rich Text Box not showing in SharePoint list form

I have customized my edit form with Power Apps. I used Rich text box for the "request" field. However, the typing box does not always show. Am I missing something?

always show. Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 12.50.44 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-16 at 1.24.05 pm.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that’s a problem and here I have the solution.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Enhanced-rich-text-with-SharePoint-list-form... 

Here’s a link to a similar query that I found back from 2019 with concern on rich text use. Just slide into this query and maybe you would get the solution in the answer section.  

jbolangi
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. I have tried a lot of changes in the form but still, some users keep having the problem. Any idea why is this happening?

It started when I  did a change in September. 

Hi @jbolangi ,

I couldn't find a solution to this issue. I ended up using a normal text box. I did find out that users have to refresh the page several times or clear their cookies & cache to get the rich text box loaded, which is impractical if you have a large no. of users.

@adammmm @jbolangi 

I'm not sure if you still need this but I found another post that provides a workaround where you add a variable to the OnVisible property of the SharePoint form which sets a variable to set the height of the rich text control.  I've tried it and it seems to work but as per the one message in the link, I've set it on the OnNew, OnEdit and OnView properties of the SharePoint integration as well.

Solved: Re: Rich Text Editor Not displaying text input sec... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,423)