Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yerlasdutco
Helper I
Helper I

Rich Text Editor Line Spacing

Hi Folks!

I have a problem with Rich Text Editor. There are very large spacing between lines, when I export it to the PDF File or view.

Any way to decrease this space? Screenshots (In PowerApps Editor, PowerApps preview, PDF File)

Yerlasdutco_0-1627470507777.png

Yerlasdutco_1-1627470586447.png

Yerlasdutco_2-1627470646524.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The RichTextEditor outputs HtmlText as a property. If you preview that code, you can see that a carriage return (hitting enter), actually formats the text as separate paragraphs. To have smaller spaces, you'd need to substitute those <p></p> with breaks <br>.

GarethPrisk_0-1627492432461.png

Something like this...you can see the examples above where the right-most controls are HTML, and showing how it ends up formatting both.

Substitute(
    RichTextEditor1.HtmlText,
    "</p><p>",
    "<br>"
)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The RichTextEditor outputs HtmlText as a property. If you preview that code, you can see that a carriage return (hitting enter), actually formats the text as separate paragraphs. To have smaller spaces, you'd need to substitute those <p></p> with breaks <br>.

GarethPrisk_0-1627492432461.png

Something like this...you can see the examples above where the right-most controls are HTML, and showing how it ends up formatting both.

Substitute(
    RichTextEditor1.HtmlText,
    "</p><p>",
    "<br>"
)

View solution in original post

@GarethPrisk 

Thank you for your reply. I have Substitute already. 

Substitute(Substitute( Text11_19.HtmlText, "<li>", "<br>•   "), "</li>", Char(10))

It pastes new line after bullet. How can I combine it with <p></p>?

This is the exact solution that I need.  But I'm not sure where the code should be placed.  Is this code that is added to the HTML editor, to my patch, or somewhere else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (771)