cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Rich Text Editor show html text

hi, everyone I am having an issue. I added a rich text editor for sending outlook email body but in "Office365Outlook.sendEmailv2" I am getting the formula "RichInputControl.HtmlText" that's why when I am sending email, the other party receives email with HTML tags. So kindly help me how can I convert Rich Text Editor Texts into normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dips97 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the formula you used in your canvas app?

Do you type the RichInputControl.HtmlText formula for the Body argument within your Office365Outlook.sendEmailv2() function?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the PlainText function could achieve your needs. On your side, please consider modify your formula as below:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
                              "User@email.com",    // Replace it with your actual email address
                              "Subject Text",
                              PlainText(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText)   // Modify formula here
)

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the Office365Outlook.SendEmail() function. Please try the following formula:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(
                            "User@email.com", 
                            "Subject Message", 
                            RichTextEditor1, 
                            {
                               IsHtml: true          // speicfy IsHtml attribute here
                            }
)

Please consider take a try with above solutions, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

@Dips97 
The rich text editor will always output text with HTML tags.  If you do not wish to have these, change the control to a text input with a multi-line input setting.  The email will then always have plain text.

That being said, I wonder what code you are using to send the email?  I have never had this issue.  The email looks like what I put in the rich text editor: no HTML tags to be found.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dips97 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the formula you used in your canvas app?

Do you type the RichInputControl.HtmlText formula for the Body argument within your Office365Outlook.sendEmailv2() function?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the PlainText function could achieve your needs. On your side, please consider modify your formula as below:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
                              "User@email.com",    // Replace it with your actual email address
                              "Subject Text",
                              PlainText(RichTextEditor1.HtmlText)   // Modify formula here
)

In addition, you could also consider take a try with the Office365Outlook.SendEmail() function. Please try the following formula:

Office365Outlook.SendEmail(
                            "User@email.com", 
                            "Subject Message", 
                            RichTextEditor1, 
                            {
                               IsHtml: true          // speicfy IsHtml attribute here
                            }
)

Please consider take a try with above solutions, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (88,994)