cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarieSpence1986

Rich Text Editor

I cant save any of the information i entered on rich text editor 

I need to copy formatting and layouts over onto screens.  The only way is to use RTE but it wont save

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Rich Text Editor

Hi @MarieSpence1986 

Where do you want to save the text and can you share the expression used by you? If you can share more details, we might be able to help you better.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MarieSpence1986

I am entering text into rich text editor on a screen then saving the app.

when i reopen the text i entered is gone!  

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @MarieSpence1986 

That is because the content you are entering is getting saved for the current session only. If you want to default the value in the editor, you need to update the "Default" property of the Rich Text Editor control.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MarieSpence1986

Thanks this does help but that would mean i need to do html.  I wish i could just copy and paste all text with formatting on the screen.

I can do labels but this will take a long time.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @MarieSpence1986 

In case you are looking for a way to show data in HTML design and extract plain text out if it, you can use the below expression to get the text from an HTML Text control:

PlainText(HtmlText1.HtmlText)

HtmlText1 is the name of HTML Text control.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,179)