cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Rich Text Height and Width Properties

The rich text height and width properties are not working properly when using a formula.

I have a header that is dynamically resizing based on the screen width. I then have the rich text box width tied to that header RichText.Width=Header.Width--very simple.  This works with all other controls that I have used, but not the rich text.

Same issue with dynamic height.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

@JonathanGibbs wrote:

@Mr-Dang-MSFT 

I really like this feature, since it means apps can always fill the screen, as long as you are careful about calculated values for X/Y/H/W. All the common controls behave nicely in this configuration, but RTE is an exception.

I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. Are you trying to make a responsive app where the RTE and controls resize as the window resizes? If so, I can help to guide you. If I'm misunderstanding you, can you provide a sketch or screenshot of what you want to happen? 

See below for example:

A60FC9E4-8128-4E80-BA22-9ADDBABCC28D.GIF

Highlighted

@Mr-Dang-MSFTYes that's it exactly. Layout of controls on the screen is dynamic, so screen looks good (within reason) regardless of window size and aspect ratio.

I can set position and size of all regular controls to variables that depend on current screen width and height, EXCEPT for Rich Text Control.

Highlighted

@JonathanGibbs , can you share an app that has the kinds of formulas you're using? I want to see how you're referencing the variable.

Attached is the test app I made that includes how I set up the app to be responsive.

I'd walk through more, but the docs for making a responsive app are very thorough already:

https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout

Please see sections on settings including switching scale to fit off, lock aspect ratio off.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you @Mr-Dang-MSFT  I think that's solved the problem. Your test app had Scale to Fit Off, Lock aspect ratio Off, Lock Orientation On, whereas I have been using Scale to Fit On, Lock aspect ratio Off, Lock Orientation On. When using formulas for X/Y/H/W, controls other than Rich Text Editor appear to resize correctly whether Scale to Fit is On or Off; Rich Text Editor, however, MUST have Scale to Fit Off in order to resize correctly.

This is a huge relief!

thank you very much for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,725)