cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akuma137
Frequent Visitor

Rich text Editor

Is there a way to style a table in Rich Text Editor. Doesn't seem to work for me. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@akuma137 

Not possible.  Go vote for this Idea to improve the PowerApps rich text editor to make this happen.  Microsoft listens to Ideas that have a high amount of votes and this Idea has many so far.

Link to MS Idea

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Inserting-images-and-tables-with-a-rich-text-ed...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @akuma137 ,

Can you share more with your scenario?  Do you want to enter the HTML code to style a table?

If so, could you try to use multiple line Text input box?

I have made a test, enter the codes in the Text input box and display the table in HTML Text. It works as below:

Snipaste_2019-11-26_14-24-00.png

Best regards,

Sik

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

It turns out that when I apply inline style on a table like

<table style=""border-collapse: collapse"">

<th style=""border: 1px solid black"">XYZ</th>

<td style=""border: 1px solid black"">ABC</td>

</table>

This is an example of such inline styling I used. It could be any other styling for that matter. 

So, when I try this and then play the app, the changes are not apparent. However, when I send

the contents of the Rich-text to some mail like, Outlook, I can see the styling visible there.

So, is it some bug in the Rich text editor in the way it renders. Did you experience it too? If yes, is there

any workaround?

Thank you for the response though! 😊

Regards,

Amrit

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,408)