Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Owizardo
Helper III
Helper III

Rich text editor randomly not loading

Hello, 

I am a really weird issue with the rich text editors. I have about 2-3 editors on the same screen with conditionnal visibility. What happens is that sometimes the editor shows and sometimes it dosent. Ive had this issue for about 2-3 months, I lived with the issue as it happened really rarely but now users are seeing it alot more often.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Owizardo ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Could you please show more details about the formula you used in your app to control the visibility of Rich Text Editor control?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

The GIF screenshot as below:Test.gif

If the visibility of your Rich Text Editor is based on a variable, please check if you have initialized/set the variable properly in your app.

Also please check if the condition formula you used to control the visibility of your Rich Text Editor is correct. Also please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and turn on the "Experimental performance improvements" option within Advanced settings of App settting of your app, then re-load your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So far no luck, it really seems broken. 3/5 times I load my page the text is either missing, resized to a point where I cant read the information or use. Im telling my users to keep refreshing until it finally works.

It only happens when I load the application never when in edit mode. I tried the setting you mentioned, I even set the visibility to true and its still doing the same problem. Honestly its very unreliable. 

I notice it more often right after I publish my application. When i refresh my application page (F5), the rich text editor either disapears, never shows up, or is flaten tot he point where I can use it. It always takes a few more seconds to load compared to other controls as well. 

Any other ideas?

Any updates on this? Its still a problem for me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping to see if anyone else has experienced this issue/has a suggested solution

@Anonymous 

I have also had this issue. Similar to the original poster I have just delt with the issue so far.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern as to when this happens, but on occasion, I will load my application and the text editor will not display. I am not using any conditional logic for the visibility of the control. Mine is always set to true.

engons
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. In the beginning, I thought it was related to modifying the DisplayMode property of the Rich Text's DataCard to values different than the parent form, but going back to defaults does not fix the issue... I am also seeing weird behaviours of the DataCard's Height value. My form has 3 columns but I changed the Rich Text's DataCard Width to take columns. This may be related to the issue?

engons
Regular Visitor

I found a solution in this post:

Solved: Rich Text Editor Not displaying text input section - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com...

It seems to be a known bug from 3 years ago... The workaround is to change the Height property during the execution of the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,390)