cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itsmesri Helper I
Helper I

Richtext to sharepoint list not saving?

I have description field in SharePoint as "Enhanced Text Field" and I added Richtext field in EditForm and set property "DataCard1.Default" . I am able to get the data from SharePoint but not able to save data to SharePoint back.

I am doing "SubmitForm(Form1)" all fields are doing well on saving but not Richtext field.

What could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Richtext to sharepoint list not saving?

Hi @Itsmesri,

Could you please share a bit more about the Description field that you mentioned? Is it a Multiple lines of text column which enables "Enhanced Text Field" option?

Where do you add the RichTextEditor control within the Edit form? Do you add the RichTextEditor control within the Description Data card in your Edit form?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. On your side, you should remove/delete the original TextInput control from the Description Data card in your Edit form, instead of it, add the RichTextEditor control. Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test1.gif

Note: The Description field is a Multiple lines of text type column in my SP list, which has been enabled "Enhanced Text Field" option.

I have made a test on my side, the RichTextEditor control works well as below:Test1.gif

In additon, you could also consider take a try to submit your form data into your SP list using Patch function instead of SubmitForm function. Please take a try with the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button:

Patch(
 'YourSPList',
  Defaults('YourSPList'),
  {
   Column1: DataCardValue1.Text,
   Column2: DataCardValue2.Text,
   Description: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText,   /* <-- Set value for Description field */
  }
)

Or

If(
    EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,
    Patch(                              /* <-- New record */
       'YourSPList',
         Defaults('YourSPList'),
          {
            Description: RichTextEditor1.HtmlText,   /* <-- Set value for Description field */
         }
     ),
     Patch(              /* <-- Modify existing record */
        'YourSPList',
         BrowseGallery1.Selected,
         {
         }
    )
)

More details about Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Itsmesri,

Could you please share a bit more about the Description field that you mentioned? Is it a Multiple lines of text column which enables "Enhanced Text Field" option?

Where do you add the RichTextEditor control within the Edit form? Do you add the RichTextEditor control within the Description Data card in your Edit form?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. On your side, you should remove/delete the original TextInput control from the Description Data card in your Edit form, instead of it, add the RichTextEditor control. Please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test1.gif

Note: The Description field is a Multiple lines of text type column in my SP list, which has been enabled "Enhanced Text Field" option.

I have made a test on my side, the RichTextEditor control works well as below:Test1.gif

In additon, you could also consider take a try to submit your form data into your SP list using Patch function instead of SubmitForm function. Please take a try with the following formula within the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button:

Patch(
 'YourSPList',
  Defaults('YourSPList'),
  {
  }
)

Or

If(
    EditForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,
    Patch(                              /* <-- New record */
       'YourSPList',
         Defaults('YourSPList'),
          {
         }
     ),
     Patch(              /* <-- Modify existing record */
        'YourSPList',
         BrowseGallery1.Selected,
         {
         }
    )
)

More details about Patch function, please check the following article:

Patch function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
CindyZ Helper V
Helper V

Thanks so much for your help with this-- Progress! 

I am using this solution in a "Customize with PowerApps" form.   All works just fine except my change does not reflect back on my form. It shows right away in versioning so I  know it is taking the change but unless I refresh my screen, I don't see the change.    Any suggestions?  Is that why you recommend Patch.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,491)