cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amira07
Frequent Visitor

Right access permission in power apps

Hi, I have a User page from which I can add users with roles and rights. For example, if I have the organization view right I wouldn't be able to see a certain page from the menu,  if I have the organization modify right as a user I can read edit delete from the organization page. I am not sure how to set those permissions I am using a SQL server. Please help me to find that out. Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@Amira07 , Hello Amira, I would recommend that you share some screenshots and elaborate a little bit more. Are you using PowerApps Canvas Apps, or Pages (Previously known as Portal)? 

Amira07
Frequent Visitor

I am using a canvas app. I have a menu that displays different pages and a User page from which I can add and set right for the user.  if I am login as User x I have certain rights ( exp edit, delete, update) certain pages and only view certain pages How can I set that permission in power apps? I am using a SQL server.

Amira07
Frequent Visitor

Does anyone have an idea?

@Amira07, Using SQL server connector with PowerApps can be through 4 methods. Two are explicit where users of the application must authenticate to SQL Server with their own explicit credentials, and two are implicit under which users implicitly uses the credentials of the account that the app maker used to connect and authenticate to the data source during while creating the app.

For more information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/maker/canvas-apps/connections/sql-server-security

So, depend on whether you have on-prem SQL or Azure SQL, I would recommend that you authenticate your PowerApps SQL connector as Azure AD Integrated (Azure SQL) or Windows Authentication (non-shared) (On-Prem SQL). Then for your App users, you should have their permissions set on the SQL DB level as needed. 

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider Accept it as the Solution to help other members in the community find it more.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,957)