Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theisogunro
Helper IV
Helper IV

Role Based Permissions

Hello,

I have an app and I'm using @RezaDorrani's method of "Implementing Role Based Security in Power Apps". It's an excellent idea but it isn't working as I'm expecting it to.  I may be doing something wrong.  I had a couple of users as ADMIN to my app and they were in the 365 admin group we created.  When I remove these users from the ADMIN group, they still had access to the admin section of the app.  I'm starting to wonder if there is any caching in Power Apps that is allowing these users to still see the admin section.  Is that a possibility?

1 REPLY 1
Abhilash_Swain
Super User
Super User

Hi @theisogunro ,
Please check if you have removed them from the role-based list also which helps validate if they are an admin or not. ( check 10th min content of the above-referred video ).
If you are storing the info in a global variable, try resetting the value each time. If they are not refreshing the application or not closing the browser, the previous value will help them to revalidate the form as Admin. Hope this will help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,014)