cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MonM
Frequent Visitor

Room Booking App - Display all bookings

Hi

I've customized the Book a Room template to be a Book a Desk app, which is working fine.

However, I'd like to have a screen displaying all the current bookings. I've fudged it currently by having multiple hidden disabled dropdowns, defaulting to each of the desks (Desk 01, Desk 02 etc.)

Office365Outlook.GetRooms().value
Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value

These then feed galleries which display the bookings:

SortByColumns( Filter(Office365Outlook.V2CalendarGetItems(Dropdown2.Selected.Name).value, Location = Dropdown1.Selected.Name, End >= Now()) ,"Start")

There are 16 desks and I'm (unsurprisingly) hitting errors with too many calls.

There must be a better way? Any help gratefully received! 😀

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 01.14.55.png

(I've blanked out the names on the bookings but this is how it looks.)

2 REPLIES 2
RossB
Microsoft
Microsoft

It's hard for me to say how you can make this more efficient without being able to look at the app.  Would you be willing to upload the .msapp file to the post so I can take a look?

Thanks!

MonM
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply @RossB . I'd rather not upload the msapp, if that's OK. (I'm not sure of confidentiality.)

However, there isn't a lot to it. There are 16 Desks and for each one, there are two dropdowns and a gallery.

The dropdowns are in Display mode "Disabled", with a Default value of the desk name (so Desk 01, Desk 02 etc --> Desk 16)

The formulae for the dropdowns are as above, and each of the 16 galleries uses their respective dropdowns to display the items Location, Subject, Start and End.

That's all there is to it- I just feel there must be a more efficient way of doing it. Ideally, I'd like to put a date picker at the top and have the 16 Desks show their events for the selected day.

Thanks again for looking. 😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,730)