cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CGibson
Frequent Visitor

Room Booking System

Hi Internet

I am trying to build a power app to book rooms using the room resources we already have.

I need users to be able to select the room, time, date, select who needs to know about the booking and any additional information. Then the app books the room in the calendar of the room resource and person booking, then emails the relevant people with the additional information, eg IT department if IT is needed or another department based on what is ticked.

I started off with the template which would work great. However I need to be able to send emails and possibly add other features, which I do not think is possible as I cannot find a way to add connectors.  

I then went down the route of creating the app from scratch. However I cannot find the connector to pull the room resources. 

My questions are:

1. Can the template be modified in the way I need (additional connectors or send emails)?

2. What is the connector needed to pull room resources?

3. Alternative ways to complete the above?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

You're right, I hadn't noticed it. Thanks 🙂

But I think the connectior you need is there already. Is this the template you are using:

bookroom.PNG

Regards. JD.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You can send emails directly from powerapps. Add the  Office365Outlook connector and insert a button.

OnSelect:

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(

someone@company.com,

"This is the Subject",
     "This is the Body"
)

Regards. JD.
CGibson
Frequent Visitor

Hi JD,

Thanks for your reply.

You are correct this is possible and I have done this in other apps I have created. However when using the template there is no ability to add a connector. 

Thank you

CG

jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

You're right, I hadn't noticed it. Thanks 🙂

But I think the connectior you need is there already. Is this the template you are using:

bookroom.PNG

Regards. JD.
CGibson
Frequent Visitor

Hi JD

That is the template and emails are possible, thank you!

I'm assuming there is no way to see what connectors are on the template or add more.

Thank you

CG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,954)