cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dan_harner
Level: Powered On

Root Cause Analyses A3

Has anyone used Powerapps to create a Root Cause Analyses for A3? 

We are making a customer complaint form (internal) and would like to autopopulate another app with the complaint form data. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichBurdesHome
Level: Power Up

Re: Root Cause Analyses A3

Cheers for the prompt Brian,

I understand the question as there is an app to capture complaints and one to act on them? or there is a data source of complaints and an app to query them? This is a generic answer vs something just for A3.

If I have this correct, I would be calling the data source of the complaint details into my app as a data connection, most likely, I'd build a local collection about that specific complaint's background info as a person selects the complaint to view.

As of writing I'd head down an azure sql route to host my data, then I could expose this easily and keep my security nicely in place, but could also be CDS as well. If the data is sensitive and multiple people with different permissions need to submit / review info I'd probably avoid SharePoint - unless I used Flow to adjust item permissions at run time to secure any content to only the required people.

But once the data is in the data source its really just tapping into that data via another app and filtering it to show data - if in a form I could unlock my form controls to include read only data  above a edit data field to let the person see the complaint and provide, a response to it - or if lots of complaints all about a specific issue, I'd make a gallery and have my response form under this.

Hopefully this all makes sense!  let me know if not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Power Apps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps Staff

@paulculmsee @Anonymous , can you share how you gather feedback? I think that would be similar scenario. Let me know if you had meant something different @dan_harner 

RichBurdesHome
Level: Power Up

Cheers for the prompt Brian,

I understand the question as there is an app to capture complaints and one to act on them? or there is a data source of complaints and an app to query them? This is a generic answer vs something just for A3.

If I have this correct, I would be calling the data source of the complaint details into my app as a data connection, most likely, I'd build a local collection about that specific complaint's background info as a person selects the complaint to view.

As of writing I'd head down an azure sql route to host my data, then I could expose this easily and keep my security nicely in place, but could also be CDS as well. If the data is sensitive and multiple people with different permissions need to submit / review info I'd probably avoid SharePoint - unless I used Flow to adjust item permissions at run time to secure any content to only the required people.

But once the data is in the data source its really just tapping into that data via another app and filtering it to show data - if in a form I could unlock my form controls to include read only data  above a edit data field to let the person see the complaint and provide, a response to it - or if lots of complaints all about a specific issue, I'd make a gallery and have my response form under this.

Hopefully this all makes sense!  let me know if not.

View solution in original post

dan_harner
Level: Powered On

@RichBurdesHome @Mr-Dang-MSFT 
Thanks for your prompt response guys. I will take a look at this more and see if it's going to be the solution for us. I am new to Powerapps and I've only used it to create a custom "form"  with SP being the data source, the input being submitted back to SP and then PowerBI doing the rest of the work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,201)