cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Row limit for LookUp()?

I have an Excel hosted on OneDrive with 2 column and 11,402 rows. 

I have this formula in my Label: 

LookUp(Source,column1= TextInput1.Text,column2)

It works until I start looking up anything after row 501

Any solutions?

11 REPLIES 11
Meneghino
Level 10

Re: Row limit for LookUp()?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's no free connection I can use to host?

Or will I still be able to use SQL once my "$200" trail runs out?

Super User
Super User

Have you tried importing your spreadsheet into a SharePoint list?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Meneghino
Level 10

I am not sure what you mean, but Azure SQL Database is not free. However, you can use the lowest tier and it will be cheap.

See here:

https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/26/powerapps-and-azure-sql-database-101/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do SharePoint lists not have a limit or rows that PowerApps will stop reading after?

Super User
Super User

It depends on predicatest but from your example it seems like it would work. Here is a link that talks about Delgable data sources and if you go down to the Filter and LookUp delegable section you will see what is supported.

Delegable data sources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That ALMOST worked but looks like the view limit is 5000.  So PowerApps won't accept the formula 

Super User
Super User

How large is your list? To try and get around the 5k limit in SharePoint, go into list setting and click on Index Columns and create an index for the column you are using in the lookup (i.e. column2). This works for creating filtered views in SharePoint with the 5K limit but I haven't run into this issue in PowerApps to give it a try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are 11401 rows in the list.  I've managed to do the index, but how do I have PowerApps pull from it now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,135)