cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Running Camera in PowerApp turned all white!

I am currently using the PowerApp provided 'Site Inspection' as a base to create a similar App and when I get to Camera screen on my own App it went all white and on the 'Site Inspection' App it worked exactly how I wanted. But the code are pretty much the same, I don't know what went wrong? 

Please help!!!!

I don't know it if crash or not?! But the 'Site Inspection' went fine?!

The process I wish to achieve is: 

Take a photo and it auto appears in the bottom gallery on the same screen and if I think its ok I submit them by click 'Save' button.

The only difference in code is on the 'Save' button.

My code is :

If(IsBlank(record.ID),
    Navigate(NewSiteObservation, ScreenTransition.Fade),
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=0,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=0,Photo),Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=0,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=1,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{SitLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=1,Photo),Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=1,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=2,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=2,Photo),SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=2,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=3,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=3,Photo),SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=3,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=4,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=4,Photo),SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=4,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=5,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=5,Photo),SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=5,Note))}));
    If(!IsBlank(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=6,PhotoId)),
        Collect(SitePhotosCollect,{PhotoId:Value(Max(SitePhotosCollect, PhotoId)+1),Photo:LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=6,Photo),SiteLocation:SiteMonitoringGallery.Selected.Title,Note:Text(LookUp(CameraPhotos,PhotoId=6,Note))}));
    Navigate(EditSiteDetail,ScreenTransition.Fade);Clear(CameraPhotos))

the example 'Site Inspection' code:

If(NewRecord,Navigate(NewInspectionScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade),
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=1,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,1)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,1)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=2,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,2)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,2)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=3,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,3)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,3)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=4,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,4)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,4)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=5,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,5)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,5)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=6,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,6)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,6)).Note)})}));
If(CountRows(CameraPhotos)>=7,UpdateContext({AddPhoto:Patch(SitePhotos,Defaults(SitePhotos),{PhotoId:Max(SitePhotos,PhotoId)+1,Photo:Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,7)).Photo,ID:Gallery3.Selected.ID,Note:Text(Last(FirstN(CameraPhotos,7)).Note)})}));
Navigate(EditInspectionScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade);Clear(CameraPhotos))

捕获.PNGThis is how the screen look like. I pretty much copied the example one.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Running Camera in PowerApp turned all white!

Hi @Anonymous,

I don't think the two codes here works the same.

I will explain how the code works in 'Site Inspection'.

First, the NewRecord variable, which is used to identify if the current operation is trying to create a new record.

If yes, then NewRecord would be set to true, 

If choose to view any records within the Gallery, this variable would be updated with false.

Then for the save button, when new a record, after Camera has been taken, the save button would first check the NewRecord value to verify if it is trying to new a record, if yes, then it will navigate to the NewInspectionScreen, otherwise(in Eidt mode), it will first update the photo for the Editing record, then naviagte to the editing screen.

Here are some suggestions for you to take a try:

1. First verify if the camera control would work, add a camera control, then save it, then using PowerApps Mobile to check if the Camera would work from your side,

2. Share more details about what you would like to achieve,

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Running Camera in PowerApp turned all white!

Hey 

I actually made it work on an ipad device. Wasn't too sure why it did not work on my iphone. 

The problem I am facing now is after I took the photo and collect them into a collection, how can I submit them into photo library in SP and link to the main SP list contain all the sits information. (in this case I want it somehow include the photos or at least link to them.) I haven't got an idea of how to achieve this. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. 

Also, for every site, I require a few progress checklist. I made them as SP list and coded as a form in PowerApp. Submitting the information is ok, but is there any way I can code PowerApp to show this specific checklist has been done or similar idea shows that checklist has been done/reviewed/checked.

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,793)