cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silverleaf
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Running app on Android-swipe to exit

The swipe to exit is too large of an area and overlaps most back buttons even on your sample apps.

This should be limited to a small part of the left side of the screen (and not at the top or bottom where most buttons lay.
3 REPLIES 3
LisaChen1226
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Silverleaf, Per my test, it is by designer and you can use back button to exit from the app. Best Regards, Lisa Chen

I think you misunderstood. I'm not talking about the hardware "back button".  

Within most apps, people put back buttons in the upper left to go back to the previous page in the app.  I also designed my app with this function in mind.  The problem is, if  you are right handed and reach up to the software back button (usually placed in the upper left corner, it typically assumes you are trying to swipe out of the app and closes the app.  This is EXTREMELY annoying and frustrating when I am using/testing the app.  If the swipe to exit was limited just to the small, thumb-sized region in the middle of the left side of the screen, it would significantly improve the user experience.  

If this isn't done, you might consider retooling even your sample apps because it affects them also.

Joost
Frequent Visitor

Hi, I agree. This is very anoying. I'm now changing my app to display the name on the left to prevent unintented activation of the swipe to exit function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,400)