cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ganesan_gowri
Level: Powered On

SAVE and Email button. body of the email want to show in table format

I have a new form where i inputs the students details. After entering all those details, i click the SAVE and Email button. Save and email was done successfully. But What i exactly need to mail is ,the body of the email wants to display the saved details of new form records in table format. Is this possible?

For example: The newly added record wants to display automatically in mail. This process is needs to continue for every time when new record is added. verify the table i attached below. 

please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: SAVE and Email button. body of the email want to show in table format

@ganesan_gowri 

If the code like this is not showing any data...

Form1.LastSubmit.Name
Form1.LastSubmit.Date

You should change it to reference the control name & property instead.

TextInput_Name.Text

DatePicker_Date.SelectedDate

Do this for each field.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

@ganesan_gowri 

To create a table in your Email use this HTML code in the body.  Form1.LastSubmit.column_name should match your datasource for each item.

"
<table>
    <tr>
        <td><b>ID: </b></td>
        <td>"&Form1.LastSubmit.ID&"</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>Name: </b></td>
        <td>"&Form1.LastSubmit.Name&"</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>Date: </b></td>
        <td>"&Form1.LastSubmit.Date&"</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td><b>Location: </b></td>
        <td>"&Form1.LastSubmit.Location&"</td>
    </tr>
</table>
"

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

ganesan_gowri

Thanks for a quick reply. Its working good but It displays the field row alone. Not showing the saved details of the last record.

and one more thing sorry for wrongly mentioned "Form" in previously. Here i am using a Data Card. I attach the screenshots of my email output and the tree view of my input screen. Kindly check and answer

Super User
Super User

@ganesan_gowri 

If the code like this is not showing any data...

Form1.LastSubmit.Name
Form1.LastSubmit.Date

You should change it to reference the control name & property instead.

TextInput_Name.Text

DatePicker_Date.SelectedDate

Do this for each field.

---

View solution in original post

ganesan_gowri

I got it.Thanks for the solution. 🙂

ganesan_gowri

Previously i have discussed about how to send mail in table format. It works well.
I need to add extra features in mail that When i select the drop-downs value as "Kerala" and Click the ""Save And Email"" Button in input screen,depending on the drop downs it wants to check with data source of "employee List".
so if the location in employees list is equal to Drop down selected values and the value 1 =1 then the mail want to sent to the persons who are all in Kerala location And the value of 1. If the location is Kerala and the value is 0 means no need to send the mail.

for example= In Input screen

location drop down values is equal to the location in(employee list) and also the value is 1 Email want to send to the respective person.

location drop down values is not equal to the location in(employee list) and also the value is 0 ,no need to send the email. i have attached the screen image of excel below.. kindly look on it
I need a help.

Thanks..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,278)