cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SMS PowerApp with Twilio connector

Hello,

I'm wanting to integrate Twilio in to a Power App - I've been doing some testing and need some assistance.

Essentially I'm wanting to design a Power App whereby the end user clicks a 'Send SMS' button and is then prompted to enter the text they'd like to send in the SMS message. Also, I'm not sure if it's possible to add a list of numbers that the message will go to in Twilio.

Thanks in advance

Alex

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

@AlexJohnH 

I've got this working on my end. Here is exactly what mine looks like (except the numbers are scramble)

Set(fromNumber,"15552603109");
Set(toNumber,"5555895367");
Twilio.SendMessage(fromNumber,toNumber,"Hello, World!")

You can also use the alphanumeric SID found on your Twilio's number settings as the From value. It's a long string of numbers and letters like PNa14d8eafdfc6e97a75a6c81ce8f4dc77c

Highlighted

@EricLott 

Thanks, that's working now. I've changed the last section to use the text input. So I'm using:-

Set(fromNumber,"441233800495");
Set(toNumber,"447742935482");
Twilio.SendMessage(fromNumber,toNumber,'SMS Text Input')

I guess I just need to incorporate a text input that adds 'toNumbers' as the apps needs to be able to send to quite a few numbers. 

@AlexJohnH 

You can add all recipients to one multiline textbox and loop through it like this:

ForAll(Filter(MatchAll(YourMultiLineTextInput.Text,"(.*)",MatchOptions.Multiline),FullMatch<>""),Twilio.SendMessage("15552603109",FullMatch,"Hello, World!"););

The numbers will need to be on their own line of the textbox. 

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,515)