cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ialabbasi
Frequent Visitor

SMS Read confirmation

Hello,

I have a simple app for the team leader to send an urgent SMS messages to all team member, but now I want to see that time the recipient read the text, I wonder what is the best way to do it?, I'm thinking of a link to the item to be send with the text so the user can confirm they read the text by click of a button but not sure how to code this.

I'm using a SharePoint list with Message field only, I might need to add fields for users names, read date and read time to it.

Also I'm using a an Automation, every time there new entry, will sent it to the users cellphones using Twilio connectors.

In the power app which only the leader can access to it, can put the text and click send, then the automation will start.

any help will be precited.

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ialabbasi ,

Sort of possible (I do something similar with emails), except you cannot embed the URL parameters in the HTML of an email body text item (so in the SMS, the entire "raw" URL will appear in the SMS). Having said that, it needs to point to a Power App (so they need Power Apps on their device) accepting deep-linked parameters, which would in your case be the message description and the person it was sent to (which are parameters in the SMS URL link). The app would then create a new record (it knows the time and date) and then have a screen acknowledging receipt and then exiting on a button.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @ialabbasi ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,188)