cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

SOLVED - Error passing gallery item to form - Property expects record values. Rule produces table values which are incompatible

Dear Brainstrust,

Looking for help with a complex app with datadrawn from sharepoint list which includes some lookup columns.

The sharepoint list has the following items

Owner List.JPG 

From that I've created a gallery screen using some search and sort code from the brilliant @Shanescows 

Selection screen.JPG

In order to get the sort and search features to work on the [contact name] lookup field I had to add a new column to the dataset  

SortByColumns(Search(AddColumns(Owners,"Contact",'Contact Name'.Value),inpSearchText.Text,"Title","Contact"),varSortBy,If(varSortOrder,Ascending,Descending))

This all works brilliantly BUT when I select a specific item and pass the value to an input form I get an error message that;

Property expects record values. Rule produces table values which are incompatible

This didn't happen before I added the column and I was able to use the Gallery.Selected.Item as the input code on the Form.

Owners screen.JPG

Which is odd because I only have one value for the selected item 

Selected shareholder.JPG

Any suggestions on how to populate the form would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Karl

In the end the SOLUTION proved simple, by changing the Item property on the Form from a Filter funtion to Lookup

LookUp(Owners,SelectedShareholder=ID)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlNixon2 ,

Since your problem has been solved, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Phoebe

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KarlNixon2 ,

Since your problem has been solved, could you change your issue's status to "Answered"?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Phoebe

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,630)