cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

SORT WITH MULTIPLE FILTERS

Hi, I wanna sort by the newest item to the oldest on this formula with multiple filters...

If(
    varUser.Email = "erica.dias@arapyauinstituto.onmicrosoft.com";
    Sort(Filter(
        Despesas;
        Solicitante = TextInput1.Text || 'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID
    );Descending);
    Sort(Filter(
        Despesas;
        'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID;
        CreatorEmail = varUser.Email
    );Descending
)

And I got a delegation warning...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SORT WITH MULTIPLE FILTERS

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with the Sort formula. The second argument of the Sort function is required to provide a formula which would be calculated into a single one value, but the Filter formula you provided returned is a Table value.

Normally, the second argument of the Sort function is used to reference a column from your data source as Sort column. So please modify your formula as below:

If(
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
                Solicitante = TextInput1.Text || 'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID
         );
         Created;           // Reference column name from your Despesas data source here
         Descending
    );
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
                'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID;
         );
         Descending
    )
)

Note: The second argument of the Sort function is required to provide a formula which would be calculated into a single value rather than table value.

For your first formula you mentioned, you have missed the second argument in your Sort function. For your second formula, you have some misunderstanding on which value should be typed as the second argument in the Sort function. Hope above explanation could help in your scenario.

Please check the sample of Sort function in the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-sort#examples

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Gorilla_8,

To answer the question you have asked, apart from missing a closing bracket on what you posted, Choice or Lookup columns are not Delegable.
'Status de pagamento'.Value

If(
   Sort(
      Filter(
         Despesas;
         Solicitante = TextInput1.Text || 
         'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || 
         ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID
      );
      ID,
      Descending
   );
   Sort(
      Filter(
         Despesas;
         'Status de pagamento'.Value = DropDown1_2.Selected.Value || 
         ID = DropDown1_1.Selected.ID;
      );
      ID;
   );Descending
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @WarrenBelz !

thanks for the reply, so how I can sort this gallery or I cant do it?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Gorilla_8 ,

You can sort it as posted by ID to get the newest records on top - it is the Filter that is the issue (so it will only give you the first 2000 records to filter)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Delegation issue in your formula?

Based on the Sort formula that you mentioned above, I think there is something wrong with it. The syntax formula of the Sort function as below:

Sort( Table, Formula [, SortOrder ] )

within your Sort formula, you have missed the second argument -- which column you want to sort by.

Please modify your formula as below:

If(
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
         );
         Created;          // Type the Created column here
         Descending
    );
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
         );
         Created;           // Type the Created column here
         Descending
    )
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, them check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Gorilla_8 ,

I will leave you with @v-xida-msft as they have investigated further

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @WarrenBelz and @v-xida-msft ! Thanks for the reply!

@WarrenBelz Thanks for the help again!

So, @v-xida-msft , I know the formula about the "sort" is SortTableFormula [; SortOrder ])

But If I try put this code:

If(
    varUser.Email = "admin@user.com";
    Sort(Filter(
        Despesas;
    );Ascending);

I got a delegation warning, like the @WarrenBelz told me about it!

And If I try with a formula:

If(
    varUser.Email = "user@admin.com";
    Sort(
        Despesas;
        Filter(
            Despesas;
        );
        Ascending
    );
    Sort(Despesas;
    Filter(
        Despesas;
    );Ascending)
)

I don't understand why got an error

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding with the Sort formula. The second argument of the Sort function is required to provide a formula which would be calculated into a single one value, but the Filter formula you provided returned is a Table value.

Normally, the second argument of the Sort function is used to reference a column from your data source as Sort column. So please modify your formula as below:

If(
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
         );
         Descending
    );
    Sort(
         Filter(
                Despesas;
         );
         Descending
    )
)

Note: The second argument of the Sort function is required to provide a formula which would be calculated into a single value rather than table value.

For your first formula you mentioned, you have missed the second argument in your Sort function. For your second formula, you have some misunderstanding on which value should be typed as the second argument in the Sort function. Hope above explanation could help in your scenario.

Please check the sample of Sort function in the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-sort#examples

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,398)