Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

SP List column entries as drop down

Hi,

Is it possible to utilise the entries of certain columns within an item in a SP List for a drop down box?

I can see I can create a drop down with one column as a data source, is there a way of have more than one column?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

A bit left-field, but something like this?

ddFromFields.gif

The Items of the Dropdown would be this

Table(
    {Title: Test1.Text},
    {Title: Test2.Text},
    {Title: Test3.Text},
    {Title: Test4.Text}
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

If you use a combo box, you can specify a list (of filtered list) as the Items as format as below

ComboxBox2Fields.png

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted

@WarrenBelz 

Thanks for getting back to me. The above suggestion isn’t what I’m after but it’s good to know these little gems for future amendments.

I’ve thought about what I’m trying to achieve and I’ve put a simple screenshot together (attached) to hopefully explain better for what I’m after. Instead of utilising SP List columns, could I use datacardvalues as a source for the drop down / combobox / list information?

In a nutshell, I’m trying to get the values Test Entry, Grandma, 78 and bungalow as choices.

Hopefully there is a solution.

Thanks for helping 

Highlighted

@MiniMe_83  The combobox' Items property expects a table. So you would have to create a table with the values that you want to show up in the combobox.

In your case setting the Items property to the following formula should accomplish what you're trying to do:

Table({Choice:DataCardValue1.Text}, {Choice:DataCardValue2.Text},{Choice:DataCardValue3.Text}, {Choice:DataCardValue6.Text})

You can refer to the Microsoft Documentation for more information on the table function.

Highlighted

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

To show more then a column value inside dropdown use in Items property a formula like:

AddColumns

(MySPList,"AllDataNeeded",Column1 & " - " & Column2 & " - " & Column3)

and set Value property to "AllDataNeeded"

Capture.PNG

Hope it helps !

Highlighted

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

A bit left-field, but something like this?

ddFromFields.gif

The Items of the Dropdown would be this

Table(
    {Title: Test1.Text},
    {Title: Test2.Text},
    {Title: Test3.Text},
    {Title: Test4.Text}
)

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted

Hi @WarrenBelz 

@Sorry for the delay in responding, that worked for me, thanks again for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (13,133)