Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

SP View threshold- how to view most recent

Hi all, 

I have a list that is hitting capacity due to the SP list being too long, I am ok with it only showing 500 items, but it has to be the most recent items. Can you tell me what I should add to my expression in order to achieve this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: SP View threshold- how to view most recent

@TorreyFalconer
Good to hear you’ve already done that stuff. Getting the last 500 rows won’t be a problem at all 🙂

Use this code. It will work because SORT can be delegated.

FirstN(Sort(your_datasource_name, ID, Descending),500)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@TorreyFalconer 

You are likely encountering what's called the "delegation limit".  It happens when you use certain functions or data types (see link below) and limits the viewable rows to 500.

The simplest way around this is you can increase the delegation row limit to 2000 rows by going the menu:  File > Advanced Settings > Delegation Row Limit.

Another option is to write the formula including only functions that can be delegated.  Either way is fine.

More info on delegation:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/sharepoint-delegation-improvements/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@mdevaney sorry that really didn't answer my question. I actually did that part, I just need help with how to have it populate the last 500 items in the SP list rather than the first.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@TorreyFalconer
Good to hear you’ve already done that stuff. Getting the last 500 rows won’t be a problem at all 🙂

Use this code. It will work because SORT can be delegated.

FirstN(Sort(your_datasource_name, ID, Descending),500)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,181)