Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaB12
Helper II
Helper II

SP column mysteriously not found by PowerApps

Hi everyone,

I have a connection to a SP list named 'Asset Management', and because I need a new SP list for the production env I created a new SP list from this one using the "From existing list" option. 

So in my app I replaced my data source 'Asset Management' by : 

If(ProductionEnvironment, 'Production Asset Management', 'Asset Management')

Everything works well, except for one column 'Created By'. PowerApps is mysteriously unable to find it in both SP lists. The strange thing is that when I replace again the If() by 'Asset Management', the app find it literally instantly... 

The 'Created By' column was there without doing anything. It is a sort of default column, I did not create it and I can't delete it. 

So please what is wrong here?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheRobRush
Power Participant
Power Participant

Though it's display name is Created By, that column is actually referenced by Author

Also, it is not a text value, but a record, so you will have to further modify it 

IE)

LookUp(LDROSTER,Title="A,Man",Author.DisplayName)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TheRobRush
Power Participant
Power Participant

Though it's display name is Created By, that column is actually referenced by Author

Also, it is not a text value, but a record, so you will have to further modify it 

IE)

LookUp(LDROSTER,Title="A,Man",Author.DisplayName)
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

MichaB12
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your reply, any idea about why it worked earlier then? because I was doing things like ThisItem.'Created By'.... and it worked well

Honestly not sure, you should not be able to see that column by that name outside of sharepoint. And also it returns like 20 categories of information from their 0365 profile so even if you could it is being returned as like a table so you should not be able to reference it without a second modifier. 

All right, that's ok I just changed it to Author and it works well now thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,547)