cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

Hi,

We started experiencing this strange issue since a couple weeks ago.

 

We have an app based on a SP list, where all the data get fetched from, and saved to.

Some of the columns in that list are versioning enabled (any edited/added content is appended to the previous content).

For example, there's the column "Diagnosi", which is a multi-line text field with versioning.

 

We started using the list a couple months ago. 

Since the problem started, some of the fields in the older records appear to be blank! The data is there, as it can be seen in the Sharepoint list record viewer, but it does not show up in the application.

 

I'd like to stress that this doesn't happen with all of the records.

And that the problem only affects those fields where versioning is enabled.

 

Any ideas about how to fix this?

TA

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

Hi @val43 ,

 

I have made a test on my side, but don't have the issue you mentioned.

Snipaste_2019-12-18_16-31-46.pngSnipaste_2019-12-18_16-31-57.png

Could you please follow my setting of preview and experimental features, delete the form and re-add it again to check if the issue is fixed?

Snipaste_2019-12-18_16-36-37.png

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

Hi

thank you for replying.

I tryied your suggestions but they did not work.

 

 

I thought that this problem might have been caused by the fact that I modified the gallery to display data from a local collection rather than from the source list (in order to avoid incurring into delegation issues).

This is how I was collecting the data:

ClearCollect(
  localcopy,
  Filter( //skip tickets closed since more than 30 days
    LastN('helpdesk-ticketing';2000),
    !closed || 'Created' >= DateAdd(Today(), -30, Days)
  )
)

 

But I switched back to using the source directly and the issue is still persisting!

Could it be a problem on the Sharepoint side?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

Hi @val43 ,

Could you make a test in a new app to avoid any other factors? Please refer to the following steps.

1. Check my Multiple lines of Text column setting.

Snipaste_2019-12-19_11-35-08.png

2. Ensure the experimental and preview features are the same with what I post above

3. Delete all SharePoint connections and re-add them

4. Add a edit form, set the Items property to First('SP list') to check if that column value is displayed.

Best regards,

Sik

 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

how did you get to that "edit column" menu?

 

Do I need to build a new app, a new list or both?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

That menu is from here:

Snipaste_2019-12-19_17-25-58.png

Yes, I suggest you create a new app and a new list to test, in order to avoid any factors influence.

Sik

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

ok thank you for that!

I was already using the same settings, except that the number of lines for editing was set to 100. 

Please note that in that menu the option for enabling versioning is missing. I prefer to use the list configuration page.

I suppose you already know, but just to be clear, this is for enabling versioning in whole list:

sp versioning.png

 

And this is how you activate it for a specific field

sp versioning column.png

 

 

Anyway, I couldn't replicate the problem with a new App and a new SP list (with a multiline text field with versioning enabled).

 

I'd like to stress that the problem appears only with some records, seemengly at random, but mostly with older ones

 

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: SP connector unable to retrieve all of the data

Hi, 

I now realize what the problem actually is. 

The app will always display the last recorded input in the field. 

So if I edit a record and change some other field, but NOT the versioning-enabled field, then the new data committed to the list will be null for that field. For example, if the field "problem" is versioning-enabled:

 

A record: { ticket: 1; description: "blabla"; problem: "this&that" } 

Edited record: { ticket: 1; description: "blabla & bla"; problem: "this&that" } 

Data to commit upon submit: { ticket: null; description: "blabla & bla"; problem: null }

 

this is not a problem for the field ticket, but it is for the field "problem". Now the latest version of "problem" = null, and the app finds nothing more to display. 

 

I would like the SP connector to always find the last non null value and display that.

But I reckon that this problem stems from the fact that I'm using Patch() instead of SubmitForm(), as that was offered to me as a solution to a different problem.

 

EDIT: testing proved that these two issues are not related.
The problem is: when a field with versioning enables is not updated during a record update, then that field reads as blank. This must be a bug of the Sharepoint connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,010)