cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msspdev
Level: Powered On

SP custom list with over 50 columns customize with powerapps shows an empty white gap when view on the browser IE or Chrome

SP custom list with over 50 columns customize with powerapps shows an empty white gap when view edit or  on the browseview froms with IE or Chrome.

Once I view the edit/view form in the browser, I noticed there is white space gap (see image). I have no idea where is it coming from as the height and width have not been changed. 

My next step, in the app settings I changed the orientation, to large. On viewing the edit or view form in the browser I get two scrolls bars. One for the form and the other for the browser. I also noticed the form has width scroll bar. 

I don't have a problem leaving the form by default size to original size, but I don't have a way to remove the gap space. Also changing to any orientation is not a problem but I don't know of way to make fit without having double scroll bars or a width scroll bar. The form scroll since I have too many fields but the browser scroll bar is a problem with scrolling.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
msspdev

Re: SP custom list with over 50 columns customize with powerapps shows an empty white gap when view on the browser IE or Chrome

the gap space is at the bottom of the form 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SP custom list with over 50 columns customize with powerapps shows an empty white gap when view on the browser IE or Chrome

Hi @msspdev ,

I just tested, by default, the app setting for screen size + orientation should be as below:

Capture.JPG

After I change it to Landscape+Large, it will show as below:

3.JPG

So it seems that I cannot reproduce your issue in IE11.

What is your IE version? Please also take a screenshot of your app setting for screen size + orientation. 

Will the same issue also happen on other SharePoint list?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
msspdev

I followed your instructions, this is really annoying I have been working for days on this with end on sight. Your example only has a few columns and the image is also showing scroll bar width and two height scroll bars to the right. this is an undesireable to have to scroll in to the end of the form and the browser to view the end of the form. Is there a way to that I can show you by sharing my screen ? Screen Capture.JPGApp setting Capture.JPG

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

hI @msspdev how are you progressing with this? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (2,641)