Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

SPO custom forms not updating... ?

@Jeff_Thorpe  @iAm_ManCat 

This is the same app I've been struggling with for the past week or more. I appreciate your help so far, and I'm hoping you can explain 1 more issue for me. This is a company Contact List  which contains employee photos, mobile numbers, plus the usual name, business phone number, suprvisor name, etc.

I used PowerApps to create new default forms for NEW, EDIT and VIEW (specifically to prevent end-users from seeing employees' mobile number). I've had issues with the Contact Photo (which is the final field in the NEW form) from being displayed -- it shows the Label and has a *very* small field which is not selectable. So... I decided to remove it from the NEW form -- it's not a big deal since my unit (IT) is responsible for taking the employee photos and pasting them into an entry which HR previously set up (that is, we are always using the Edit form anyway, so I decided to remove it from the NEW form).  

I did remove the Contact Photo from the form as shown below. Note the green box contents has no Contact Photo field, nor does the it appear on the form itself:

SPO-New-PA-form.png

I saved the modification and published it to SharePoint, but the field is still showing (below).  Thus far I have done a hard refresh on the (list) page, closed and re-opened the tab, closed and re-opened the browser (Chrome), tried using IE instead, done a refresh on the Data Connection and waited over 4 hours to see if there was some sort of sync issue involved... and still I see the "old" version of the New form.  What is going on here? Normally, when I make a change and republish it, I see changes almost instantly.

SPO-New-Form.png

Thanks in advance!

gpence

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

The SharePointIntegration control in the left nav controls which screen gets displayed. When the app was created there was only one screen and form then you add additional screens and forms and the SharePointIntegration was never updated, so you'll need to make changes to the different Actions in the Advance property of the SharePoint integration control.

Here is blog article that goes over what you need to change in the SharePointIntegration control when creating seperate forms.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Have you tried adding a label on FormScreenEdit and giving it a value of "Edit" and add a label to FormScreenNew and give it a value of "New". Then publish the app and see what show up when you click on new item in the SharePoint list. This will help verify which screen is being displayed and that the latest version of the app is being displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Great idea, @Jeff_Thorpe 

I did that and the EDIT form is showing both when I edit or when I click the +NEW menu...

So how do I fix that? 

gpence

Highlighted

The SharePointIntegration control in the left nav controls which screen gets displayed. When the app was created there was only one screen and form then you add additional screens and forms and the SharePointIntegration was never updated, so you'll need to make changes to the different Actions in the Advance property of the SharePoint integration control.

Here is blog article that goes over what you need to change in the SharePointIntegration control when creating seperate forms.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,956)