Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G99
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

SPO data visible in PowerApps form

Hi,

I have created a SPO list, and created a powerapps form using customize forms option.

I completed some basic test data and clicked saved and that has saved in my SPO list. But now when I reload the form on my phone, i can see this data, of course i can click the + sign and enter new data, but ideally the users should not see the data.

Secondly, I have changed the colour, added a logo to cutomise the form and when I go to the SPO list and click new, the logo and colours display correctly, but when i open the form on my phone, via the PowerApps app, the form displays without the logo, and colours, and displays in the default format... am i missing something?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cwebb365
Power Participant
Power Participant

SharePoint forms don't typically show up on the mobile app and are part of SharePoint. It sounds like you have 2 separate apps you are using. The reason you don't see the changes on the mobile is because it is it's own stand alone app that was created.

View solution in original post

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @G99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you run your custom form app in PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device?

If you want to run your custom form app in PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. Currently, only standalone canvas app could be run using PowerApps Mobile App.

According to the issue that you mentioned, I suppose that you generated a standalone canvas app based on your SP List data source through PowerApps Studio directly, and custom a form app using PowerApps in your SP List (two apps), is it true?

Acutally, the app created from PowerApps Studio directly and the app created through the "Customize forms" option in SP List are in different App Type. The app created from PowerApps Studio Directly is Standard type, but the app created through the  "Customize forms" option in SP List is SharePoint Type.

Note: Currently, you could only run the Custom form app from your SPO List.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
cwebb365
Power Participant
Power Participant

SharePoint forms don't typically show up on the mobile app and are part of SharePoint. It sounds like you have 2 separate apps you are using. The reason you don't see the changes on the mobile is because it is it's own stand alone app that was created.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @G99 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you run your custom form app in PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device?

If you want to run your custom form app in PowerApps Mobile App in your Mobile device, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. Currently, only standalone canvas app could be run using PowerApps Mobile App.

According to the issue that you mentioned, I suppose that you generated a standalone canvas app based on your SP List data source through PowerApps Studio directly, and custom a form app using PowerApps in your SP List (two apps), is it true?

Acutally, the app created from PowerApps Studio directly and the app created through the "Customize forms" option in SP List are in different App Type. The app created from PowerApps Studio Directly is Standard type, but the app created through the  "Customize forms" option in SP List is SharePoint Type.

Note: Currently, you could only run the Custom form app from your SPO List.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Both,

Yes so I wanted to see if I could offer the users another option of completing the form I'm trying to build from there phones.

I have downloaded the PowerApps mobile app, and connected to my SPO list, and then opened the form I had published, and this is where I found the form isn't in the same format as the SPO form, when the form is opened directly from SPO.

It's fine it it's not possible as I have not offered this as another options to users, so if I cannot achieve the same behavior in the Mobile app, I will simply not mention it to them.

I created some columns in a SPO list, clicked on customize form, this opened the form in PowerApps studio and I started to make changes to the form as per my requirements, I then saved and published the form and was able to see the changes when clicking on 'new' from the SPO list, but not seeing the same form when clicking new from the mobile app.

One thing you mentioned, Only standalone canvas app can be run using PowerApps Mobile App, but I have seen an online video where Shane Young, creates an app/form to allow users to upload images, which are uploaded to a SPO list, i'm curious to understand this is also linked to a SPO list, so why this is possible?

Also, not sure if I need to create a new post or if its ok to ask here, but I have conditional questions, where if the answer is no using the switch, the question should not display and if its yes then it should, i've looked online but couldn't get this to work, any suggestions please?

Thanks

Thanks, I'll delete the mobile app I seem to have created, to double check, if the form I am creating needs to be linked to a SPO list, does it have to be created from SPO list, and clicking customize forms, or can it be created from the powerapps studio and linked to SPO?

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @G99 ,

Please note that the standalone canvas app and Custom form app both could upload files into the SP List using "Attachments" control (enable "Attachments" field in Edit form).

More details about custom form app in SPO List, please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/customize-list-form

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,350)