Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: SQL Connected Drop Down not showing all POs

@Safifaruqi 

Your items collection needs to filter the view, not just use the same view. This is the reason you are getting all of the branchs. What you are doing is creating what is called cascading parameters. You select a value for the first parameter (po number) and then the next parameter is filtered by the first (branch in your case).

So just to level set, your PO Number dropdown is set to:

Items : '[sbi].[PurchaseOrders_HeaderInfo]'

In order to get teh cascading behavior, the branch dropdown Items need to be based on a filtered set matching the selected PO Number, or;

Items : Filter('[sbi].[PurchaseOrders_HeaderInfo]', 'Purchasing Document Number' = ComboBox1.Selected.'Purchasing Document Number')

Then in the branch dropdown property sheet "Value", select the branch number column as the value to display.

Now, when you select a PO Number from the first dropdown, the filter will be applied to the Branch dropdown and the list of only the branches associated with that PO Number should be included. And the branch dropdown should default to the first branch in the list of matching branches.

If you want something different defaulted, you can set the Default property with an expression that gets the value you want.

If you want the branches to be sorted by branch number for example, then add SortbyColumns to the Items expression;

Items : SortbyColumns(Filter('[sbi].[PurchaseOrders_HeaderInfo]'Filter('[sbi].[PurchaseOrders_HeaderInfo]', 'Purchasing Document Number' = ComboBox1.Selected.'Purchasing Document Number'), "BranchNumber", Ascending)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Re: SQL Connected Drop Down not showing all POs

@timl @mcolbert 

Thank you both the cascading dropdowns work well now! and I am able to lookup all distinct POs. 

I cant thank you all enough for your help here, really really appreciate it. This will hopefully enable to have much cleaner data moving forward. I thank you all for your support!

Regards, 

safi 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,369)