Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

SQL Connector Refresh Lag

Hello,

I've noticed that when I create a new table in my SQL database, it's not instantly available in the app like it is when I use PowerBI. I'm just wondering if someone can help me understand the reason behind this lag so I can see if I can either time it or figure out a workaround to make it a little quicker. It's an On-Premise through a gateway but PowerBI is going through the same setup as well.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: SQL Connector Refresh Lag

Hi @DTreg1 ,

I haven't met such issue and not sure what happened, but I would recommend you to Restart the On-premises data gateways service, that should make the new table show up in PoweApps.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: SQL Connector Refresh Lag

Hello @v-siky-msft 

Without doing anything, it shows up after some time. I don't see the restart as being the issue as I'm using the exact same gateway for PowerBI. When I add a column to a table in SQL, it instantly shows up in PowerBI when I go to that table, but not in PowerApps, I have to let it sit and check back about a half hour later, causing me to lose momentum. If it was a restart issue, I would expect to see this same lag to be in both PowerBI and PowerApps. This would also not be a viable solution to restart the gateway every time I add a column to a table.

I appreciate the suggestion though, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,316)