cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LostHighway72
Frequent Visitor

SQL Date Not Showing from On Premise Database

I have created a on premise database and have connected to it no problem at all.  The issue is with a date type field.  I have created an App from existing data which again is all good.  When I run the app and create a new record the date time picker appears and I can choose a date, however when the record is saved the date is not displayed on the form.  When I query the SQL database the record has written successfully.  Can someone please help explain why the date is not being returned, the rest of the fields for the record display no problem.

On a side note the date time picker only seems to work for this App through the browser, not on a tablet or mobile device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LateNightDBA

I had simliar issue with SQL server in cloud (not SQL Azure) - Issue workaround ensure datatype is datetime not date 😞 same issue with smaller integer types.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi LostHighway72,

Thanks for letting us know this.

This should be related with the Time Picker control, please take a look at the thread below:

Datepicker created in Sharepoint not working in Android & IOSapp ? / Sample working

The reply from PowerApp Staff CarlosFigueira:

"

Thank you for reporting this issue. We've identified a fix that will be going out in in an upcoming release.

As a temporary workaround, you can select the date picker control in the generated app, and set its "IsEditable" property to false; that should make the calendar show up in the devices.

"

Check to see if the workarounds would help.

And I will report this from my side once this issue has been confirmed.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LateNightDBA

I had simliar issue with SQL server in cloud (not SQL Azure) - Issue workaround ensure datatype is datetime not date 😞 same issue with smaller integer types.

Works well, thank you.

I am having the same issue when I connected to Azure SQL. So you are saying I should change my data type in SQL to date time instead?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,108)