cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seadude
Level 10

Re: SQL HELP:

Two days into Power BI now @wyotim. Killer tool!

Sage wisdom here, studying now...

do I want to filter by an FK or date before the view is made to limit the size/scope of the created view and/or do I want to have the ability to filter by something that isn’t in the view currently and needs to be added for that purpose).

Take care

seadude
Level 10

Hi @wyotim,

Just wanted to follow up here...

On StackExchange, @CarlosFigueira showed me an even more reliable way to handle patching multiple tables with PK/FK relationships using variables.

Take care!

Super User
Super User

@seadudeThanks for the share and thanks to @CarlosFigueira for the insight! Great considerations on Last() and it's limitations in there too. I will be using this! 

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for the positive thread @wyotim and @seadude! It's great to see the community helping each other out in this forum. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Super User
Super User

@TopShelf-MSFTIt is a joy to be part of this great community and especially getting work with awesome people like @seadude

One thing though: it looks like a post of mine was marked as the answer to this thread but I think the true answer is the post with the Stack Overflow link in @seadude's recent post. While it pains me to lose the 25th solution badge that I have been so excited to get, he and @CarlosFigueira were the ones who reached the final solution to the original issue.

That aside, I appreciate all your work on the forums @TopShelf-MSFT. Your referrals to staff and dedication to making sure issues are resolved and solutions are noted are very helpful! Thanks for all you do!

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thank you for the kind words @wyotim - I have changed the solution. I'm sure your 25th is not far off 🙂 

@TopShelf-MSFT

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,601)