cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkankshaGupta
Regular Visitor

SQL Schema name missing in table name when importing second time into powerapps

Hi,
We are building one powerapp based on Azure SQL DB using azure AD integrated connection .
On adding tables for the first time , all tables were added with name [dbo].[TableName] and entire app is built using same names of tables .
Later , we needed to delete a table and re add it using same sql connection but this time all the tables are getting added without schema name like [TableName].
So for that table which was present with [dbo].[TableName] now added as [TableName] ,all the datacards and statements are getting errored out as name of object is changed in power app connection .

AkankshaGupta_0-1617885887398.png

As in above screen shot , one table added with prefix [dbo] but other does not have same prefix and we want same behavior for all tables . 

Thanks in advance for any help .

4 REPLIES 4
Rivius
Resolver II
Resolver II

This sounds like something I've dealt with in the dataverse and unfortunately I don't have a happy answer.  You'll have to re-create/re-wire everything that was using the old connection to point to the new connection.  PowerApps is very specific when it comes to connections and won't intelligently re-map.

Justinrr07

@AkankshaGupta any news on this? I'm having the same exact issue. If not, I'm going to put in a ticket with Microsoft to look into this. 

AkankshaGupta
Regular Visitor

@Justinrr07 ,We created ticket for Microsoft and got to know that it is bug in their latest release (version 3.21035.34) which will be fixed in next release .As workaround , they suggested to replace connections with new format of table by following Source code files for Canvas apps | Microsoft Power Apps

@AkankshaGupta I put a ticket in as well. They told me that it is not a bug but is an actual version update. Hopefully that is true so I don't change my code just to change it back.

Thank you for the link!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,793)