We are building one powerapp based on Azure SQL DB using azure AD integrated connection .
On adding tables for the first time , all tables were added with name [dbo].[TableName] and entire app is built using same names of tables .
Later , we needed to delete a table and re add it using same sql connection but this time all the tables are getting added without schema name like [TableName].
So for that table which was present with [dbo].[TableName] now added as [TableName] ,all the datacards and statements are getting errored out as name of object is changed in power app connection .
As in above screen shot , one table added with prefix [dbo] but other does not have same prefix and we want same behavior for all tables .
Thanks in advance for any help .
This sounds like something I've dealt with in the dataverse and unfortunately I don't have a happy answer. You'll have to re-create/re-wire everything that was using the old connection to point to the new connection. PowerApps is very specific when it comes to connections and won't intelligently re-map.
@Justinrr07 ,We created ticket for Microsoft and got to know that it is bug in their latest release (version 3.21035.34) which will be fixed in next release .As workaround , they suggested to replace connections with new format of table by following Source code files for Canvas apps | Microsoft Power Apps
@AkankshaGupta I put a ticket in as well. They told me that it is not a bug but is an actual version update. Hopefully that is true so I don't change my code just to change it back.
Thank you for the link!
Ok, thanks @Justinrr07 . I am now wondering how that plays out if you are using multiple schema partitioned tables pulled into Power Apps. This seems like a odd decision to go away from more fully-qualified naming.
OK. So if this is intentional, I wonder how to fix my problem.
On my app, I still have db connections using the old DBO. connectors, and everything is working just fine.
However, on testing app, when I add the same db, I get the new style without the DBO.
But unfortunately, the data is not being read properly in this new style.
e.g. I have the following in the visible field on both apps, but only the DBO. style works. ELECFL is a collection from the sql datasource
Text(DateAdd(FLE_Date,-10,Hours),"[$-en-US] dd/mm/yyyy") = Text(Today(), "[$-en-US] dd/mm/yyyy"), FLE_Name="Toyota Cedarbrook 2"
) = 0
This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.
Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.
At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.