cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server RLS + PowerApps

Hello!

I would like to use RLS in SQL Server when connecting to data (i.e. the logged in user can only see his/her own data). Is this possible?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Since the SQL Connector uses the credentials provided in the connection, you should be able to accomplish this by requiring each user to create a connection. If the row-level security is set correctly for each user credential, then it should apply normally. Let us know if you run into any problems integrating this into PowerApps. Thanks, -Cameron

Hi, can you clarifiy the process by which each user will have thier own connection for the same app?

Thanks

Hi David, There's instructions about how to manage shared connection resources for PowerApps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources Unfortunately, upon careful reading it does seem that individual connections for an app are only allowed for connectors that do not share connections. That is, PowerApps does not allow SQL to use individual connections. All connectors that do not share connections apparently are allowed. This is a roadblock to the experience you are looking for, though I would say it is a very important feature. -Cameron

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,848)