cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sommarafton
Level: Power Up

SQL Server RLS + PowerApps

Hello!

I would like to use RLS in SQL Server when connecting to data (i.e. the logged in user can only see his/her own data). Is this possible?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft Cameron
Microsoft

Re: SQL Server RLS + PowerApps

Since the SQL Connector uses the credentials provided in the connection, you should be able to accomplish this by requiring each user to create a connection. If the row-level security is set correctly for each user credential, then it should apply normally. Let us know if you run into any problems integrating this into PowerApps. Thanks, -Cameron
DavidMCoeo
Level: Powered On

Hi, can you clarifiy the process by which each user will have thier own connection for the same app?

Thanks

Microsoft Cameron
Microsoft

Hi David, There's instructions about how to manage shared connection resources for PowerApps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources Unfortunately, upon careful reading it does seem that individual connections for an app are only allowed for connectors that do not share connections. That is, PowerApps does not allow SQL to use individual connections. All connectors that do not share connections apparently are allowed. This is a roadblock to the experience you are looking for, though I would say it is a very important feature. -Cameron

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,830)