cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

SQL Server Transactions

I am building a flow that needs to update 4 separate tables in SQL Server. These updates need to be wrapped in a transaction. I do not see a way to start a transaction in a flow, unless I missed something. My way around this is to write a stored procedure that accepts my data as JSON strings. I can then process those in the stored procedure.  Does anyone have any samples on how best to accomplish this? I will be doing mostly Updates or deletes no adds (Done elsewhere).  Or, is there another way to accomplish what I need.

Thank you.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I am using a stored procedure called from a flow. I call the flow from the PowerApp, passing my data in JSON format, passing that through to the stored procedure.  Works well.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

I am using a stored procedure called from a flow. I call the flow from the PowerApp, passing my data in JSON format, passing that through to the stored procedure.  Works well.

Regards,

-S

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,381)