cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL To Calendar Connection

This is a bit of a stretch, but I thought I'd ask......

I have created a view in my Azure SQL dB.  This view specifies which items are due for an inspection within a certain time period.  Previously, I created an Excel spreadsheet that imports this data and PowerApps views it.  This process isn't as efficient as I'd like. 

What I would like to do is have my Outlook calendar receive that data and then have PowerApps read that data. Now since we can actually view calendars within in PowerApps, I figured I'd at least try. Anyone have any ideas of how to establish a link between SQL and Outlook calendars?

v/r

Brendon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SQL To Calendar Connection

Hi BrendonBrooksP1,

I am afraid there is no direct way can be used to establish a link between SQL and Office 365 Outlook.

Please try if this will work for you.

Your app should have two data sources, Azure SQL database and Office 365 Outlook.

The app should be based on Azure SQL database, then use filter function to show specific items on the app.

Then use the function Office 365.CalendarPostItem to post the specific item to Office 365 Calendar.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi BrendonBrooksP1,

I am afraid there is no direct way can be used to establish a link between SQL and Office 365 Outlook.

Please try if this will work for you.

Your app should have two data sources, Azure SQL database and Office 365 Outlook.

The app should be based on Azure SQL database, then use filter function to show specific items on the app.

Then use the function Office 365.CalendarPostItem to post the specific item to Office 365 Calendar.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-yamao-msft

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,370)