Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

SQL Varbinary Encountered internal error

Hi everyone,

I have an SQL (on-premise) table with a Varbinary(max) column. In this column thumbnails are stored, so the size of the images are quite small.

Suddenly PowerApps does not recognize the data type anymore when pulling the records from the table. I get next error in the field for the column:

Capture.PNG

I have tried changing the data type to 'Image' (of course which I shouldn't because it will be depreciated) but also the same result. The weird thing is that 10 days ago it worked perfectly. I could pull the images and show them in the app. 

I came across posts telling Varbinary isn't supported in PowerApps, but then also posts that say it does get supported.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Okay, found out what was wrong. The blob in the Varbinary column was actually not stored as an image, but as a string. It filled the column as a hexidecimal notation anyway. Sooo, if this happens and you come across this post, it's probably Powerapps that doesn't recognize the type of the blob, which makes sense.

Hereby, and luckily, nothing wrong with PowerApps 😅

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Bump. Anyone that can help me?

SkiDK
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Okay, found out what was wrong. The blob in the Varbinary column was actually not stored as an image, but as a string. It filled the column as a hexidecimal notation anyway. Sooo, if this happens and you come across this post, it's probably Powerapps that doesn't recognize the type of the blob, which makes sense.

Hereby, and luckily, nothing wrong with PowerApps 😅

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,780)