cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SQL server connection issue

Good Day 

Over the weekend one of our Powerapps appliactions stopped working we are running Power apps SQL connector through a on premises gateway to SQL Server 2012, the gateway seem to be fine the PowerBI reports runlike nothing has changed. 

When we go to the powerapps web application and test the connection we get an error

"Credentials are missing or not valid. inner exception: Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source." 

but the it was working 5 days ago 

The Gateway log says
Non-gateway exception encountered in activity scope: Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupCredentialException (0x80004005): Credentials are required to connect to the SQL source.

We are using the correct login details into the connector it is like it is not passing them on the the server when trying to connect?

Anyone had this issue or know where to start looking 

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted

Same problem here and this time not related to named instances... and it's friday... Cat Frustrated

Highlighted

I already tried restarting my On-Premise Data Gateway and it doesn't seem to work for me. 

Highlighted

If you were seeing this issue : "Invalid Mashup Expression using supplied values. inner exception: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Instance failure.'" - we have deployed a fix for this and things should be working now.

Can folks check and let us know if they are still seeing the issue?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Im back up and running!

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am having this error also now, what is it that created this issue?

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,290)