I also have named instances.
I think the key here is that PowerApps SQL connections do not work while Power BI connections do, I was able to add a connectoin in PowerBI with no issues.
Is there a way to get some attention to this post to get a response from Microsoft?
We are also experincing the issue. It started for us yesterday afternoon (around 3:00PM MST) We are utilizing a named instance as well.
The attempts to connect to the server via PowerAss don't seem to be showing at all in the SQL connection logs.
Session ID: 82e4e1a6-bc94-f634-2640-fb2ef8362556
I just noticed in testing again that the Source in the error is adding a second \ in the server name
It's showing as:
I can't get it to work otherwise, just posting to see if this helps shed some light!
We are treating this as a high priority issue and actively investigating. You can also look at the note at this page https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ , which should have more information once we identify the issue.
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Find out where you can attend!
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand