cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LRVinNC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Same version (no changes) works when played - doesn't work when run in editor

I have a published app which works just fine. I went to make some enhancements and when I run it the first time in the editor, it did not produce the same results. I had made a couple of small changes, although they were in unrelated areas. To be sure they were not the problem, I restored a copy of the live version as my current version and then made no changes to try to get to the bottom of what is going on. Using that restored version, if I Run the app, my gallery works normally, displaying the expected information. If I Edit that same version and Run inside the editor, no data is being displayed in the galleryPlay.pngEdit.png

Idiscovered I am getting an error on a field was working fine when I last published the app.  I'm wondering if there was a change in a recent release that is suddening causing my problems.  

PlanYear is a global variable which is correctly set to 2019.  Planning Year, used to set the PlanYear global variable, is a Dropdown control on a screen where the default value is Year(Today()) or it can be set to another choice and saved.

PlanYear.pngDefinition.png

But this OnVisible Action on the Projects screen is telling me the PlanYear variable is invalid. 

Error.png

Here is the definition of the ProjectYear column on the Projects list as well.

Data.png

What am I missing here?

LRVinNC

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
13 REPLIES 13

I've notified the team and they will look into the inconsistency between Set and UpdateContext.

We have a fix that will be rolled out in about two weeks.

Thanks for the update.  I'll pass along the information.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Excellent Brian. Thanks. I'm glad to know I wasn't crazy - although it might have added a few extra gray hairs. 🙂
LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,308)