cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukex075
Level: Powered On

Sample "product catalog" app?

My company is working on developing an app that our sales reps can use as a teaching tool to showcase our products, with visuals that link to pages with product information. Has anyone made an app that features a product catalog? I'd love to see samples and get ideas for how we can lay ours out.

11 REPLIES 11
Microsoft Sara_fan
Microsoft

Re: Sample "product catalog" app?

Hi lukex075,

You could refer to the example apps created by PowerApps.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the articles below.

Create Custom Business Apps with Microsoft’s New Tool – Power Apps Preview.

http://blog.heliossolutions.in/microsoft-technologies/create-custom-business-apps-microsofts-new-too...

Microsoft's PowerApps: The easiest way ever to create a mobile app.

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/applications/microsoft-s-powerapps-the-easiest-way-ever-to-cr...

A Brief PowerApps Introduction.

http://www.casahl.com/2015/12/14/microsoft-powerapps-revolutionary-potential-for-office-365-collabor...

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff Emma
Power Apps Staff

Hi @lukex075

There is a Product Showcase Sample App on the web studio now. https://ms.web.powerapps.com/ Hopefully this will be good inspiration!

-Emma

lukex075

Thank you, @Emma! Can we get into the samples to see the commands behind the functions?

lukex075

@Sara_fan where is the template stored for the example Product Showcase sample app? It has a feature that I want to recreate in my app, but I can't get at the underlying controls to understand how it's operating.

Steelman70
Level 10

Hi lukex075, the way to get at the underlying controls etc is to create a new app from the template.  When you edit the app then you can see all the nuts and bolts.

It is sort of explained here but please let me know if not clear.

lukex075

That's true of the Budget Tracker, Cost Estimator, Service Desk, and Site Inspection templates, but not for the Product Showcase. Maybe it will become available in the next update!

Jamarchi

It will be interesting know that, I think it is a great app

But, somebody know when will be the next update ?

Power Apps Staff linhtran
Power Apps Staff

Hi lukex075,

Today we added more templates (Product Showcase, Employee Engagement Survey, Health Plan Selctor, Asset Checkout) in addition to previously released templates (Budget Tracker, Service Desk, Site Inspection, ...). Please check them out! I'd love to hear your feedback on how useful you find these templates too.

Thanks,

Linh

litran@MSFT
lukex075

Hi, Linh,

I noticed the new sample apps last week! It's exciting that developments are happening at such a quick pace. I've been developing a custom app, so I didn't strictly follow any of the templates. For my purposes, the sample apps have been most useful for dissecting formulas behind different features- such as linked galleries or "click to enlarge" functionality. However, since you can only have one app open in editing mode at a time, it's hard to go back and forth between the sample app and my app as I'm copying the formulas. I also wish the sample apps came with bundled data so you could go in and see how they were built from the ground up-- one of my biggest struggles with my app has been figuring out where to store my data, and there's not really a lot of information on where to store files, get links, etc.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,783)