cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yasith1

Save Button Not Working

Created a Customized Form on PowerApps from my SharePoint list. The default columns were "Title" and "Attachments", when I removed those columns and added the columns I need, the save button started to not work at all. There are no error messages, the save button just seems dead. I created a separate button with the save function but that did not work either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Yasith1 ,

Please refer to the following steps to re-create a custom form.

1. Go to SharePoint List- List Setting- Form Setting

2. Choose 'Delete custom form' 

3. Go back to SharePoint, choose PowerApps- Customize forms to create a new Form

Snipaste_2020-07-14_10-28-17.pngSnipaste_2020-07-14_10-28-53.pngSnipaste_2020-07-14_10-26-42.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

What does your save function look like?

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Yasith1 ,

Please elaborate on your issue and share some code and snapshots to help us understand your scenario easily.

What is the modification on the Form? What is Formula you used to save?

Sik

Yasith1

My save function formula is SubmitForm(SharePointForm1). None of the save buttons are working, either on the top or bottom of the form. 

Here is a screenshot of my form: 

Yasith1_1-1594396674641.png

I would recommend recreating your form. Could be you are missing some required field.

Thanks. Do you know of a good online guide I can use to recreate the form? I just started using SharePoint lists and PowerApps recently. 

Hi @Yasith1 ,

Please refer to the following steps to re-create a custom form.

1. Go to SharePoint List- List Setting- Form Setting

2. Choose 'Delete custom form' 

3. Go back to SharePoint, choose PowerApps- Customize forms to create a new Form

Snipaste_2020-07-14_10-28-17.pngSnipaste_2020-07-14_10-28-53.pngSnipaste_2020-07-14_10-26-42.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

foreverYoung
Frequent Visitor

How is deleting work one has done considered a solution? My save stopped working today as well. Customized PA form, default SharePoint save that I never touched, it is the simplest form known to mankind. No error, nothing, it simply stopped working. Instead of telling us to re-do extensive work as a solution, MS should fix the underlying cause. Now we should release a product to clients not knowing when they will simply not be able to save and our response is "give me a few days to re-build that form"?

Same problem please give the solution 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,489)