Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolle_Lernen
Frequent Visitor

Save Data to 2 SQL Table with the same Form at the same Time

Hey all,

i have 2 running SQl Server.

One for Development and one for production.

Both have the same tables, columnes and so on.

I have created a Form for a Table in the dev SQL Database.

Is there a way to save the entered Data on both the dev and prod Table at the same time with the Form ?

As mentioned both tables are the same and have the same structure/columns.

thx for your help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As was proposed earlier use Power Automate to run a Stored Procedure or directly run INSERT statement.  I think running a Stored Procedure is an easier solution.

I know Azure Function apps can be a little intimidating but consider it as a solution.  You'll be amazed at how many problems it can solve.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Default it's connected to single connector. One other option is to create power automate to create data on prod server when created in dev. This is easiest option.

You could create an Azure Function app that looks new records every so often (15 minutes) and loads in other DB.  I like Azure Functions.

Wolle_Lernen
Frequent Visitor

Thx for the recommendations.

Is there a way to do it in Power Apps ?

As was proposed earlier use Power Automate to run a Stored Procedure or directly run INSERT statement.  I think running a Stored Procedure is an easier solution.

I know Azure Function apps can be a little intimidating but consider it as a solution.  You'll be amazed at how many problems it can solve.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,184)