cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save Filtered Lookup Value in List Custom Form

Hi Team , 

We are filtering the Request Type Column value using below Process Items: Distinct(Filter(lkp_TransferRequestType,Material_Details = materialDetailsVal.Selected.Value).Title,Title)

after submitting the form, this column value not saving to the List . 

Please help me to resolve this Issue .

Please let me know if needs more details 

Regards,

Mahesh.

15 REPLIES 15

@gujjaL 

my solution works with multiple selection for dropdown. 

It saves only one value . For example if I select "a","b" 

the value saved in SP is "a" only.

In my app, there are 2 items saved. 

Filter(Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2);Value in Filter(gebruikers; Diensten.Value = "CMT Niv2").'Naam Gebruike')

The first part are the items of the dropdown of a the lookupcolumn: Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2)

Then you start to filter, based on the value (in my case the departmentvalue in "diensten") in a column of the other sharepointlist (my list of users = gebruikers) with result the usernames of the namecolumn (naam gebruike)

Filter(Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2);Value in Filter(gebruikers; Diensten.Value = "CMT Niv2").'Naam Gebruike')

CMT Niv 2-- Is this a sharepoint list?

gebruikers--Is this a sharepoint list?

Diensten,Naam Gebruike'-- are these column of gebruikers list

Filter(Choices(sharepointlistname.columname);Value in Filter(sharepointlistname; columnname.Value = "CMT Niv2").columnname)

sharepointlistname.columname: this is the list and column that is attached to the form (where the data has to be stored)

sharepointlistname: this is the listname where the lookupcolumn looks his data up. (the big users list) 

Columnname in pink sharepointlist (big userlist with columns for the names, phonenumber and department) this column is the department

Columnname in pink sharepointlist (big users list) . This is the column with the name of the user. 

With this formula. I filter the items of a lookupcolumn   so i have only the names of the department "CMT Niv2" 

How do you would like to filter your dropdown in the form? 

Facing same issue in canvas app.

ShowColumns(Filter(Collection1,ProjectManager=User().FullName),"ProjectName")

data not getting saved

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,428)