cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stijn007
Level: Powered On

Re: Save Filtered Lookup Value in List Custom Form

@gujjaL 

my solution works with multiple selection for dropdown. 

gujjaL

It saves only one value . For example if I select "a","b" 

the value saved in SP is "a" only.

Stijn007

In my app, there are 2 items saved. 

Filter(Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2);Value in Filter(gebruikers; Diensten.Value = "CMT Niv2").'Naam Gebruike')

The first part are the items of the dropdown of a the lookupcolumn: Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2)

Then you start to filter, based on the value (in my case the departmentvalue in "diensten") in a column of the other sharepointlist (my list of users = gebruikers) with result the usernames of the namecolumn (naam gebruike)

gujjaL

Filter(Choices('CMT Niv 2'.B_TO1_cmt2);Value in Filter(gebruikers; Diensten.Value = "CMT Niv2").'Naam Gebruike')

CMT Niv 2-- Is this a sharepoint list?

gebruikers--Is this a sharepoint list?

Diensten,Naam Gebruike'-- are these column of gebruikers list

Stijn007

Filter(Choices(sharepointlistname.columname);Value in Filter(sharepointlistname; columnname.Value = "CMT Niv2").columnname)

sharepointlistname.columname: this is the list and column that is attached to the form (where the data has to be stored)

sharepointlistname: this is the listname where the lookupcolumn looks his data up. (the big users list) 

Columnname in pink sharepointlist (big userlist with columns for the names, phonenumber and department) this column is the department

Columnname in pink sharepointlist (big users list) . This is the column with the name of the user. 

With this formula. I filter the items of a lookupcolumn   so i have only the names of the department "CMT Niv2" 

How do you would like to filter your dropdown in the form? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,577)