Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerAnalytics
Advocate III
Advocate III

Save attachments into collection and send them to SharePoint Online

Hello everybody,

is it possible to save attachments (from multiple forms) in a collection and send all attachments from this collection (via flow or patch()) to a SharePoint Online list? We need this offline capability to collect our form data (form data includes attached images) because we haven't a strong internet connection in some areas. Up to now I'm not able to create a solution for this issue.

For example:

1. User has to fill out some forms (text data and attachments --> images) and saves all the data into two collections

a) Collection A which contains all the form data.

b) Collection B which contains all the attached images (via attachment control).

When the User arrives at the office he has got a very good WiFi connection. At the office the user have to send all the data to SharePoint Online.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerAnalytics ,

Do you want to save form's data into 2 collections?

You can try the following workaround:

SubmitIcon.OnSelect=SubmitForm(Form1);ClearCollect(Collection1,Form1.LastSubmit);ClearCollect(Collection2,Form1.LastSubmit.Attachments)

SaveForm1.PNG

And  could you please reference this case:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Binding-Collection-to-EditForm-is-not-working...

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Hi @v-yuxima-msft ,

I really appreciate your support but I think this isn't exactly the solution I was looking for.

To explain it in a nutshell all I want to do is collect and save attachments (images) locally and when I'm back at the office I want to send all attachments to SharePoint Online.

By the way, because of our weak internet connection I'm not able to use Form1.LastSubmit.

Thank you so much in advance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,673)