cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Save button no longer works in SharePoint Online after creating form in PowerApps

I have a SharePoint Online list created.  I selected "Customize Form" and customized it in PowerApps.  The form does NOT include a custom Save button, and I didn't attempt to change the way the form saves.  I have a button on the form that allows users to switch screens to view a map.  That's it.  I pushed form live, and now when I create a new item or edit an existing item the out-of-the-box save button in SharePoint is not working.  The Quick Edit function does work.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ahohman ,

Firstly have a look at the SharePointIntegration OnSave value (in the tree at left) - it should say SubmitForm(<FirstFormName>)

What I think has happened however (and I have struck this) is when you make a multi-screen form for a SharePoint edit form and go off the first screen, things do not work as they should.

If however you put the save button on the form (as you would do in a standalone app) and ignore the system item, it saves fine.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @ahohman ,

Firstly have a look at the SharePointIntegration OnSave value (in the tree at left) - it should say SubmitForm(<FirstFormName>)

What I think has happened however (and I have struck this) is when you make a multi-screen form for a SharePoint edit form and go off the first screen, things do not work as they should.

If however you put the save button on the form (as you would do in a standalone app) and ignore the system item, it saves fine.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

View solution in original post

Whereas I appreciate the suggestion to ignore the SharePoint integration save and create your own button, cause it works, I am at last stage of form development poised for launch and the previously working integrated save function used to work fine. This is just wrong! BTW mine is a single page form.

It's awkward too, cause I now have a save button system supplied and integrated that causes a form reset and otherwise does nothing, so any value changed in the edit is reverted and the form does not exit. This appears to be browser centric. I noticed the issue first in newest Edge, and can't duplicate the problem using Chrome, Firefox, or the IE based tab in Edge.

Major bug!! Highly infuriating!! Flame on!!

Helper II
Helper II

@WarrenBelz 

Warren,

Have a SharePoint list with 15 columns.  This "one" record needs to be updated throughout the week.  Created a Form in SharePoint using Power Apps.  Once the records are created, members will select their department (5 departments, 5 records per week) and click "Edit" to update the other columns.. 

Because of the number of columns, I have multiple screens (with forms) . How can the multiple screens (with forms) be submitted to this one data source?   Do you have an example of a formula?  

Thanks,

chudson002

@chudson002 ,

This is an old closed thread, can you please re-post as a new topic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,055)