cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Earl20
Helper III
Helper III

Save button on custom SharePoint form doesnt work

I am new to powerapps. I made my first custom form for my SharePoint site. I published it to SharePoint. When I fill it out and click the normal save button located at the top of the form in SharePoint literally nothing happens. The form just stays as is and no new item is being created. I tried bringing back the default "title" field on the form and populating it with info and still nothing. Is there a final step in the custom form creaton process I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you mean to show the result of a checkbox in the SharePoint list? Checkbox is a boolean (true/false) datatype, so in SharePoint you should use "true/false" to store this information in your SharePoint List. Hope I understood your question correctly, otherwise please explain it a bit more on detail.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MarvinBangert
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Earl20 

what did you changed in your form? Do you maybe deleted a DataCard from the Form that is required in SharePoint? Then you will not see any error message, because the DataCard is still not there but is required. Please check which columns in your list/library is required and check if they are visible in your form. Maybe you also deleted the function "SubmitForm()" under "SharePointIntegration" - "OnSave" in your app.

Please share a few more details about your app, SharePoint list/library and what you did.

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

I didnt delete anything from the form just added. I just did a test where I deleted my old custom form, then created a new customized form without touching ANYTHING. I literally just clicked customize form in PowerApps then once it came up I immediately  clicked save and publish to SharePoint and same problem.

did you checked the required fields in the form and in your SharePoint list/library? Are all the required once visible in your form?

yes they are all there. The only thing I can think of is the default attachment field, I disabled in sharepoint, could that be the issue?

No, the attachment field isn't the issue.

As far as I know you cannot save a form, if you removed in your Power Apps Studio unter "SharePointIntegration" - "On Save" the "SubmitForm()" function or if you have a required field that is missing in your app, then you will also not see any error messages but your form is not saved because you need this column to be filled in.

Can you please share a screenshot of your app with the tree structure of your SharePointForm and the Columns in your library/list settings?

thanks so much you were right. I will click accepted solution but one last question. I used the check box option. How can I have the new checkbox info  on the form shown in the sharepoint view.  I have a powerautomate flow that pulls info from the item into an email

Do you mean to show the result of a checkbox in the SharePoint list? Checkbox is a boolean (true/false) datatype, so in SharePoint you should use "true/false" to store this information in your SharePoint List. Hope I understood your question correctly, otherwise please explain it a bit more on detail.

Best regards
Marvin

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,110)