cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Save check box state

How do you save whether check boxes are ticked or not?

I have a gallery with information in it from a table that's linked to excel, and i want to use the check box for the user to tick off whether or not this record has been updated elsewhere.

On leaving and reloading the power app the boxes always reset to blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Save check box state

Hi @atray13 ,

What is your default value for Checkbox? The checkbox state always depends on this property:

Ensure that it is as below:

If(tablecolumnValue = "sampletexttocompare",true,false)

if the column values are true or false you can say below
tabelcolumnvalue

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @atray13 ,

What is your default value for Checkbox? The checkbox state always depends on this property:

Ensure that it is as below:

If(tablecolumnValue = "sampletexttocompare",true,false)

if the column values are true or false you can say below
tabelcolumnvalue

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. 

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi@atray13,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to save the Checkbox value?

Could you please share more about your data source, is there a field combined with the Checkbox? If this record has been updated, the corresponding checkbox will be checked. Is there a field in the data source to store the value of the checkbox?

If there is not, the checkbox will be reset to blank or default after reloading.

Best Regards,

Qi

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @atray13 ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Regards,
KrishnaV
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @atray13 ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Regards,
KrishnaV
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi, thank you for your help. I have created a new column called 'updated' which i will use to contain the values.

I can not seem to get it to work as described. I have placed a check box inside my gallery so that there is one for each record.

I set the OnCheck property as 

Patch(Shifts, ThisItem, {'Updated': true})

and the OnUncheck as

Patch(Shifts, ThisItem, {'Updated': false})

Then as you described i set the default to

If(ThisItem.'Updated' = "true", true, false)

But it is still not working as i had hoped. Whenever i reload the app it resets the checkbox to unchecked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,647)